Soup for weight loss: Irish StewIrish Stew
240 g lamb shoulder 1 tbsp rapeseed oil 1 onion 400 ml meat stock 150 g carrots 250 g green beans 100 g white cabbage 100 g potatoes 1/2 tbsp caraway seeds 1 bay leaf 1 tsp thyme 2 tbsp chopped parsley salt pepper1 portion contains about 401 kcal
- Rinse the lamb in cold water, pat it dry and cut into cubes of approx. 2 cm.
- Brown the meat in the oil, peel and dice the onions, then add to the pan and fry with the meat.
- Add half of the meat stock and simmer.
- In the meantime, wash and clean the vegetables, then cut them into slices or strips.
- Peel and dice the potatoes.
- Add the vegetables and potatoes to the pan and stir.
- Add the caraway seeds, bay leaf, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Add the rest of the meat stock.
- Put a lid on the pan and cook on a low heat for approx. 30 - 40 minutes.
- Divide into 2 bowls, sprinkle with the chopped parsley and serve.